Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Review : Snuff Films

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheJoker
Human
Human
TheJoker

Yellow cards : 0

Let's Review : Snuff Films Empty
PostSubject: Let's Review : Snuff Films   Let's Review : Snuff Films EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:15 am

Now before I really became a film buff. There were terms people used that I had no idea about. I was usually just the average movie goer who'd watch everything modern and would not dare venture into the past of movies. A lot has changed now. One of the terms I'd always hear about were Snuff Films. I had no idea what they were, what Snuff even meant, and had never ever heard critics talk about them.

Well I did research and I now can basically explain what a snuff film is. It's a film that has an ACTUAL murder that was recorded on film placed into it and then distributed to make money. However no such film, to my knowledge actually exists. Oh sure, there's people who've tried passing their films off as snuff films to cause contreversy, but still when it comes to the "murder" scene, you can see how fake and cheesy it actually is. However that didn't stop most of these films being banned from video.

See way back in the eighties, police had come down hard on a lot of straight to video films and banned them, people referred to these videos as "The Video Nasties" Video's that were deemed too graphic in some form or another for the public to see. Whether it be adult content, blood and gore, or a mixture of both.

It's strange how people can just forget something like that, all these films banned for one reason or another, and they weren't shown in the cinema. These were the straight to video films you could get for cheap change. It wasn't like you were spending a fortune on the video. You also kind of knew what the film would have in it by the titles of some of these films. You knew these films were trouble the moment you got them. So it wasn't like people were idiots and had no clue what could possibly go on in these films. People out there in the world still own these videos somewhere...that's, just, weird.

Well I've ventured into what exactly a snuff film is, even though there isn't actually one that exists. Many were banned and although you'd probably never come across one. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still being made today somewhere in the world.
Back to top Go down
Draikka_Helfir
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
Draikka_Helfir

Let's Review : Snuff Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Review : Snuff Films   Let's Review : Snuff Films EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 am

Well that explains what Jezza said when he went to run down the camera crew in a Rangerover in the last series.
Back to top Go down

Let's Review : Snuff Films
Page 1 of 1