Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
imdyinginside
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
imdyinginside

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus Empty
PostSubject: the imaginarium of doctor parnassus   the imaginarium of doctor parnassus EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 am

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus The_imaginarium_of_doctor_parnassus_-poster

I saw this film one week ago and quite enjoyed it.. many said it would be very confusing and I'd have no idea what was going on, but I understood completly! It was wonderful to see Verne in a film once again... he was awsome! And he wasn't playing a role that didn't say anything. It was very good. Obviously Heath was in the film and I thought it was kinda sad and ironic how his character was brought in. I won't go into too much detail.

The story was very good... there wasn't much of the so called "imagination land" but it was kinda weird and cool when you saw. It was about this old man who is immortal with a 15 year old daughter who is a few days away from 16, he does a sideshow round england trying to cleanse peoples souls. But the "devil" kinda tempts then to make the wrong desision. The devil gave him immortality, he was very poor in the early 1990's and saw a woman, he looked old and messy and knew he wouldn't get her so the devil said that he will do a deal, a deal where if he ever fathered a child it would belong to the devil when they turned 16. I think the woman was in her 60's when she had his daughter and died. So yeah the old man has this fake mirror, gotes into a trance and when people go thorught the mirror they go into a world they love basicly... I won't say much more otherwise I'd sopil it haha!

The reason I went to see the film was to see Johnny Depp, I waited and waited. Then when Heath went into the mirror and took his mask off... it was Johnny!!!! I was soooooo happy! And I thought to myself "please, when you walk out the mirror, stay ad Johnny".....but no he didn't... he wne tback in the mirror again and wished for it be him again. He took off the mask... and it was.... Jude Law >.< he had a longer part than Johnny Depp! It was insane! He was only on for 5 mintues.... so that poster up there is lying!

Anyway rant over... it was a good film... I enjoyed the weirdness to it ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://imdyinginside-movies.piczo.com
Draikka_Helfir
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
Draikka_Helfir

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus Empty
PostSubject: Re: the imaginarium of doctor parnassus   the imaginarium of doctor parnassus EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:05 am

I want to watch that, but I only have two days off a week not including the weekend which is usually booked. It doesn't really leave much time for movies...

Heath died during the making of that film... they got in three other actors to play his part in a carefully altered script. I kinda feel sorry for them; three guys who looked vaguely like Heath roped in to play Heath's part. Guess they have a lot of respect for him.
Back to top Go down

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gothic Machinima :: Fun :: Cinema-
Jump to: