Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Please register or login to Gothic Machinima
Gothic Machinima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imdyinginside
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
imdyinginside

Nier Empty
PostSubject: Nier   Nier EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:56 am

Nier Nier-Game-1

I got this game yesterday since I buy EVERY Square Enix game out. When you start it says "Please enter your name" I did... and I then play and realised that I just called the main character Steph!!! So now I have man called Steph haha! The start is kinda slow... you get to fight bosses.. one looks like he bobbs on his chin O.O (image of monster) you meet Kaine and you have battler her when you 1st meet. Pretty easy though. And you also team up with a talking book! his voice reminds me of Snape for some reason. He is very snobby and can be annoying at times. The towns and areas are very well created, when you go the beach you can even fish!! with seals asleep next to you! In one mission you have to kill a BIG boar.. once you do you get to ride one when you go out of the towns and things. And... I was looking through the controls and I pressed start and saw on "orders" option... I clicked it and then came up "call animals" I clicked it and the character whistled!!! And 20+ sheep ran towards me!! It was so funny, but then I just killed them. But you have to be careful with them cause that can attack.. goats and deer are the worst.

The story, well basically it's many hundreds of years into the future. And most of humans are dead. The ones that alive have resorted to a medieval lifestyle and towns. Most of the humans died becasue of a disease called Black Scrawl. Which the main character's daughter has. I have no idea where the mother is, there has been no mention of her so far. But the girl does get into trouble alot, and can't cook to save her life! And I quote... she made him a stew and he said "This stew smells like I pissed on a campfire" I thought that was so funny! But he said it in his head.

So far I really like this game, it's got me back to the console Wink I played it solidly till 5 am!!! hehe

Nier is an action role-playing video game developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix. It was released in April 2010 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Characters

* Nier (ニーア, Nīa?)

Voiced by: Kōji Yusa (Japanese), Jamieson Price (English)

The main character of the game, he is an older man described as being an "unyielding protagonist" who is trying to find a cure for the Black Scrawl virus which has infected his daughter Yonah (sister in Nier Replicant), by any means. He is younger and slimmer in Nier Replicant. Nier's birthday is September 11.

* Kainé (Kaine (カイネ, Kaine?) in the Japanese version)

Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka (Japanese), Laura Bailey (English)

A scantily clad NPC swordswoman accompanying Nier who has drawn media attention for having a foul mouth. Though originally rumored to be a character exclusive to the Japan-only Nier Replicant, the third trailer for Nier showcases an audio-only monologue of Kainé berating Nier's book companion, Weiss. Since she was a little girl she has been possessed by a shade, by the name of Tyrann, who she plans to kill someday. The rest of Kaine's backstory and further character development is greatly expanded on in New Game + playthroughs of the B, C and D ending paths.

* Grimoire Weiss (白の書, Shiro no Sho?)

Voiced by: Peter (Japanese), Liam O'Brien (English)

A hovering, magical tome, Grimoire Weiss serves as Nier's access to magical spells (known as Words in the Nier lexicon), new melee attacks and weapon upgrades. Though Nier rescues Weiss at the game's outset, his motives are suspect, a Square-Enix representative commenting that "Defining Grimoire Weiss as good or evil is a difficult question, and one that the player will only truly understand after playing through Nier." There is another book with similar properties as Weiss, called Grimoire Noir in possession of the Shadowlord, the game's main antagonist.

* Emil (エミール, Emīru?)

Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki (Japanese), Julie Anne Taylor (English)

A boy cursed with the power to petrify everything and anything he sees. Eventually he petrifies Kainé and years later he requests for Nier to help him find a cure for reversing the effects in a laboratory in his mansion. They succeed and Emil gains the power to use other magic spells and reverse the effects of petrification, but he has to pay the price. He turns into a skeleton-like creature wearing a robe and wielding an enchanted staff. While in the laboratory, Emil remembers that he is a demonic experimental weapon called No. 7.
Back to top Go down
http://imdyinginside-movies.piczo.com

Nier
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gothic Machinima :: Fun :: Game chatter-
Jump to: